I’ve been trying to come up with a good paleo-friendly jello recipe for a while. I finally came up with this one, just in time for The 4th Of July! This is fairly easy to make, you just need blueberry juice, gelatin, sweetener and toppings! Here’s the recipe!
Ingredients for jello:
1. 1-2 bottles blueberry juice
2. Great Lakes Gelatin (I use this one)
3. Sweetener (coconut sugar, stevia, or honey)
For the jello: depending on how many cups you want to make, generally it’s 3/4 cup to 1 cup of blueberry juice per person. I used 2 cups of blueberry juice and made 2 jello cups.
Ingredients for toppings:
For myself, I would make coconut whipped cream, but since not everybody likes that, you can buy the “Natural by Nature” whipped cream and top with strawberries.
– Simmer 2 cups blueberry juice until just before boiling
– Add in 1 tablespoon of gelatin gradually and stir
– Add in your sweetener, I use 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar per 2 cups of blueberry juice
– Once it is all combined, pour into glasses about half way full to leave room for whipped cream and strawberries.
– Let this jello sit in the fridge until you are ready to serve, it would probably be smart to prepare this the night before.
*If you want more than 2 cups, make as much as you want, but remember, you need 1 tablespoon of gelatin for every 2 cups of liquid or it won’t gel!
– The next day, top with coconut cream or whipped cream
– Add strawberries or raspberries
Hope you all have a fun-filled Independence Day!