I’m super excited to share this recipe because this is what YOU GUYS voted for! I love getting feedback from everyone who makes my recipes because I want to give you guys what you want.
I posted that I would either share the recipe to matcha balls or cashew key lime bars and the matcha balls won so here they are! They are super great to takes a snack to go, eat as preworkout fuel or even as a quick breakfast.
These are made with almond flour, nuts, coconut and matcha. The matcha has so many antioxidants, EGCG and a little kick of caffeine to get you through the day. The other ingredients offer healthy fats and fatty acids like the MCTs in coconut oil!
Let me know if you like them and I promise to eventually share the cashew lime bars too!
Matcha pistachio balls
1.5 cups almond flour
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tsp matcha powder
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup pistachios (or almonds/walnuts)
- Place the matcha, almond flour, and shredded coconut in a food processor and process until they’re completely blended together
- Add in the honey, coconut oil and coconut butter and process until it’s smooth
- Add the whatever nuts your using last and process until they’re broken up but still intact so you get a little crunch
- Scoop the dough out of the processor by large/rounded tablespoons and then roll them into balls.
- You can roll them in some extra shredded coconut like I did if you want, but it’s not necessary.
- Store them in the fridge because they will melt in the heat!
- It should make about 20- here’s the nutrition facts for 1 below
Hope you guys love this recipe, you can never have too much matcha!